Saturday, April 26, 2008

Movin' sloooowly and loving' it!

Things have been moving slowly here on the homestead. I am pleased with our progress and I am in no hurry. The chicken coop is still progressing. We will be roofing tomorrow before I go to work, then Hub will work on the window and door. I prefer that he and I do the roofing as opposed to him roofing alone. If he falls, I will be here to render first aid or call 911! I know, I am a worry wart, but better safe than sorry.

So, we should be able to move the chickies into their new home next week. The coop won't be totally complete, but liveable. Hub has christened the coop "The Eggplant." He is delighted with this play on words. I think it is cute!

My garden looks good. I was worried that my plants would be flattened by last night's storm, but everything seems to have come through it OK.

Since things have been slower, I have had a lot of time to consider what I want to do with my little homestead. I have decided to create The List.

Lists are wonderful things. You can use them to brainstorm, inspire, remember, dream--lists are awesome. They are dynamic, as they can be altered as the need arises. Here is my list of things I want to accomplish on the homestead:

Bat house
Bee habitat
honey bee hives
goats
Certify as a Wildlife Habitat with NWF
Vermicomposting
compost piles
solar oven

The list will gow--I could actually add to it now, but I think I'll go take a nap!

No comments: