Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Still planting...

I got the bush beans planted today. The carrots and radishes are springing up, but the peas look amazing! I can't wait to have a spare day to really get cracking on my raised beds and get more stuff in the ground. I have more peppers to get started and I hope to get them going tonight.

My heirloom tomatoes have been disappointing. They haven't had a very good germination rate. I should still have enough plants to be worthwhile, but it is a let down.

Hub is wanting to till a plot behind the chicken coop. I think that would be helpful for my pumpkins, gourds, watermelon, and corn.

I got a surprise on Monday. I came home and went to check on the four Barred Rock chicks. I thought, "They are so cute. Even the yellow ones are cute." I did a double take--there were six more chickies in the brooder. Chris couldn't help himself, he just had to get six more red sex-link pulllets! So now we have 22 chickens. I guess we will be expanding the coop!

No comments: