Saturday, April 04, 2009

I can't believe...

I can't believe it is supposed to snow on Monday. This is a lovely Saturday. We have been outside a lot. Hub mowed the front yard. I planted radishes beside the carrots. The peas are up. It is so mild, it is hard to think we may get snow. I am ready to be done with snow!

I am hoping we can construct two more raised beds tomorrow. I can get them filled and ready to plant this week. I plan on getting more of my seeds started indoors this weekend. More peppers and leeks.

Dad is having surgery on his carotid artery on Monday. I am quite worried, but I'm sure he'll be fine. He goes in at 6 AM and his surgery is scheduled for 8 AM. It is supposed to take a couple of hours, but I know it might go longer. I have Monday and Tuesday off work to be with him.

I am working on my homework assignment and hope to complete it this evening. This is my team project, so I have a little more research to do.

I am determined to finish this degree although my heart really isn't in nursing anymore. Maybe it is just the management side of it. I am hoping that with getting our consumer debt paid off, I can semi-retire in about five years. Then I could stay home and grow potatoes, just working when I want. Very cool thought!

No comments: