Sunday, April 19, 2009

Basil!

I planted my basil seeds today. I am really looking forward to making pesto! I love it tossed with pasta with tomatoes on the side.

I watched a Garden Girl video today where Patti Moreno made a cucmber salad. It looked so good. I can't wait to give that a try. My radishes and carrots are looking good. I can't wait to harvest. My peppers seem about ready to harden off, maybe in about a week when it warms up again.

The new little chickies are growing like weeds. The look a little different each day. The Barred Rocks are in that 'so ugly they're cute' stage. The red sex-links are still fluffy and adorable.

Chris got Rascal out for a snuggle this evening. He is still nervous and hard to catch but does OK when being held.

I need to finish filling my latest raised bed this week, as well as building the third. I have at least four more to go to accomodate all my plantings. I have been thinking about ordering some more Smart Pots to give me more growing room.

It is storming right now. It rained this morning, but was calm most of the afternoon. I was able to do a little work outside, like pulling weeds for the chickens and changing the bunny pans. I took the opportunity during that lull to get the basil seeds planted.

I am looking forward to this growing season!

No comments: