Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hurry spring!

I have made some progress getting this growing season started. I have planted my tomato and pepper seeds in their starter cells. I planted some lettuce seeds in containers on the porch. I found red leaf lettuce at Wal-mart yesterday, already growing. I put those in other containers on the porch. Angel Bunny loves lettuce, especially red leaf lettuce. Growing my own should save me some money.
The compost is looking good. My “youngest” bin is filling, but I know it will be a while until it is ready. The “oldest” bin is awesome. I sifted it yesterday to use in planting my lettuce.
I ordered a worm composting system yesterday, so I’ll be getting that going soon. I could have made my own, but I needed a system that worked as easily as possible. I can’t wait to have those worm castings!
I am hoping to start filling the raised bed that is done and build one more this weekend. Slowly but surely, the homestead is coming alive!

No comments: