Saturday, March 21, 2009

One garden box done!

We finally finished one of our raised garden beds. Three more to go, at least. We have had to purchase soil. We covered the bottom with newspaper to squelch weeds, then added straw to fill the bottom part of the bed. It took about 24 bags of soil then compost to top it off before it was full. It looks beautiful and ready for planting. Too bad I don't have anything ready to go in!

The beds from last year need some work. The soil has settled, so I'll need to buy more soil to top them off, then add some compost. For those beds, which are not as tall, I want to plant strawberries, lettuce, peas, and herbs.

I want to plant a lot of basil. I am dreaming of pesto! I did buy a rosemary plant today, but I need to decide where to put it.

Still lots to do!

No comments: