Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dream: A road trip to the Angry Trout Cafe

I was browsing on one of my favorite sites this morning, www.localharvest.org. I love to see all the cool eco-stuff and dream big. I ran across an item called the Angry Trout Cafe Notebook. This cool book with a pretty trout on the cover is part cookbook, part inspiration on how a small business can thrive sustainably.

I googled the title and sure enough, I found the cafe on the north shore of Lake Superior, in Grand Marais, Minnesota. It sits right on the lake, surrounded by water and boats. No Coke or Pepsi advertising, use of local products and resources, use of wind power--this place is right up my alley!

I checked on MapQuest. A 14 hour drive could have us there for a tasty meal. I think it sounds like a fine adventure and it hasn't taken much to talk Chris into it. So, if we can find someone to critter-sit, we may be able to have a bit of a getaway! Now, I'll have to see if Grand Marais has a nice bed and breakfast.

1 comment:

Stephanie Griffith said...

I might have to check that place out the next time we go to the North Shore. If you have never been to the North Shore you are in for a treat. It's just beautiful up there, especially in the summer.