Saturday, August 08, 2009

Expanding the chicken run and I've got new wheels!

My new wheels! It is a Schwinn Point Beach Cruiser! I am so excited and can't wait to take it out on the road.
In the foreground, the old run, which was bent PVC pipe covered in chicken wire. That's Hub in the background working on the deluxe new runs. Each side of the coop has its own run. This should help keep the chickies from pecking the snot out of each other.

As usual, Sophie is supervising the activitiy.




The girls are curious about the hole Chris cut for the vent. They tried, but are too big to get out that way!

Finally, a ripe tomato! This is one of my Mr. Stripey tomatoes, just about ready to eat!
It is stinking hot here today and very humid. I need to clean out the coop and put in new bedding, but I don't think I could stand to be "cooped" up in this heat. I'll try to get an early start tomorrow while it is cool.






No comments: